Sunday, February 13, 2011

blogo uno

So lately I have found myself very eager to get out in the world. I'm not sure where these feelings are coming from. Maybe its my boredom, or maybe I have been in tennessee too long. Either way, i feel that i need to go somewhere. I want to travel,  maybe go live in another country, or just get a summer job in another state. I don't know what it is exactly, but i feel like i just want to go. At the same time though, I love where I'm at in life. I love my friends and all the life i get to live with them. If i do get to go somewhere some day, can i take everything i have here with me? So I keep finding myself content at where I'm at, but at the same time wondering what I could be doing out in the world. I do not yet understand why i feel this way. Am i not satisfied with where I am? Am I not satisfied with Christ alone? With out question, i believe i am completely satisfied with Christ. I think i only want to embrace new experiences, hoping to see life a little bit differently and ultimately see God in a new exciting way. But my sin in flesh is strong. Maybe I am being selfish, seeking out things other then Christ to find content. What if I am not listening to everything God has to say? I want to do all these crazy things from living on an island to getting out of the states for a year. But is that what God really wants for me? He may or may not some day. I have remembered yet again that God has a plan for my life. I need to stop being so blind, trying to figure out ways i can be satisfied with the worldly things.

"God is most Glorified in me when I am most Satisfied in Him" - John Piper

Writing this quote has made me remember the video of where I first heard it. The video is well edited summary of Pipers message on the prosperity gospel. It is another issue entirely, but none the less, Piper does a great job.




No comments:

Post a Comment